HCS Friends play a key role in helping the choir to continue a long-standing and successful tradition of staging live choral music in Hertford.
An essential ingredient of any HCS concert programme is the recruitment of professional orchestras and musicians of the highest calibre to accompany the choir. The support given by Friends means that we can continue to meet these standards and, where appropriate and possible, ensure the talent is “locally sourced” from the increasingly rich pool of young as well as established musicians in and around East Herts.
The additional benefits of being a Friend of HCS are that you will:
* receive the HCS Newsletter at the beginning of each term to keep you in touch with what’s happening in the Society;
* have the opportunity for advance purchase of concert tickets;
* have your name acknowledged in concert programmes (unless anonymity is requested);
* be invited to share pre-concert refreshments in the Meeting Room of All Saints’ Church;
* have opportunities for involvement, particularly on concert days, acting as stewards or serving interval drinks;
* be most welcome to take part in HCS workshops and our various social activities.
The support we receive from our Friends makes a really big difference. We set no specific donation level - any donation our Friends care to make is welcome, whether it be £3, £30 or £300!
We offer all HCS Friends the opportunity for acknowledgement on our website, should they wish, and are delighted to count the following amongst our much-valued Friends:
|Norman Anderson||Robert Fawcett||Hugh & Brenda Parry|
|James & Janet Barber||Mark & Frances Green||Gill Pollard|
|Maureen Bodden||Juliet Hatfull||Ann Poulton|
|Wendy Brodie-Waghorn||Steve Hemingway||Mark & Lesley Prisk|
|Pam Burchett||Susan Hitch||Suzanne Rutland Barsby|
|Rosemary Caruana||Brenda & Alan Hobbs||Peter Ruffles|
|June Crew||Jessie Hopkins||Liz Sanders|
|Bob Deering||Carol Lewis||Michael & Gillian Thornton|
|Sheila Dorling||David & Ruth Marshall||Robert Wilson|
|Fran & Peter Dukes||Linda Martin|